Tuesday 27 November 2012

Vipassana Meditation & Alain de Botton's Philosophy of Success

Intro to Vipassana Meditation



For those who wish to learn about the ancient technique of Vipassana Meditation, its non-sectarian nature and its benefits, a video discourse approximately 17 minutes in length is available for viewing in both English and Hindi languages.


CLICK HERE FOR VIDEOS



I am pretty excited to be heading for this retreat. As a Public Speaking instructor, this year has made me grow is ways I've never imagined. It has taught me mastery of my voice in it's projection, tone and delivery. I have found that sound must also be imbued with body language to impart the full dimensions of a message.


This FREE course attracted me because it symbolizes the benefits of Silence. From the video, it talks about finding peace in the mind through observation. It reminds me of one of the Habits from Stephen Covey's book '7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. Being proactive, not reactive. I do believe that this age presents one of the highest mental stresses of all time. We are reactive creatures by nature and this programming will not allow us to live in harmony as our instincts say Survival Of The Fittest, but Society says we are all equal and living in a world of Meritocracy.


This form of thinking is further explained by this Ted Video by Alain de Botton, titled:
A kinder, gentler philosophy of success


He is the epitome of wit. I just love all his smart punchlines, keeping it relevant and entertaining. His message will really force you to rethink the terms of success. Has your vision of success been dictated by society or have you truly built your own path towards Inner Success.


I shall post my experience in the 10 day meditative retreat soon :)

No comments: