Saturday 22 August 2009

Untrue. Stop Spamming me MOM!

Unfortunately. My mom and my GRANDaunt are my biggest email spammers as well as the most active email users. (thank god not facebook, although they have it but have not mastered it)
My mother forwarded me this email just yesterday.

FW: Racism - Oprah show & British Airways..‏

1) I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of the Oprah Winfrey

Show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if
the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.
Statements like'...'If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish
and Asians would buy my clothes, I WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class white people'

His answer to Oprah was a simple 'YES'.
Where after she immediately asked him to leave her show.

My suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger.
Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes, let's put
Him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to afford the
ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes. BOYCOTT.
PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW.


seriously,
sometimes I think my mom and the aunties just have too much free time. How does boycotting a fashion empire fight discrimination when you are technically discriminating against someone else.

PLUS, this chain email has been around forever. I finally Tu-Lan so I searched Youtube for proof.


This is What I found.
CLICK HERE FOR OPRAH AND TOMMY HILFIGER INTERVIEW


See people. Such a load of rubbish is being circulated. Put it to rest already!

No comments: