Thursday 25 July 2019

How To Plan & Grow Your Own Organic Veggie/Flowerbed Garden

Easy DIY Planting Guide For Your Home Garden



I remember my grandmother always having her own little herb garden in front of our house.

She didn't really teach me how to do it but I learned how to do it with YouTube gurus and occasional gardening books.

I read that Cinnamon, Honey, and powdered Aspirin are great rooting agents.

To start, I used a baking tray with cotton pads and some sterile potting soil, also wrapped seeds between paper towels and kept that in a sandwich bag. The last experiment was propagating coriander in water.

The best results were propagation in water and wet paper towel in a sandwich bag. I guess peat moss in a baking tray was exposed to microbes and mold, killing seeds before germination.



I went to the DIY shop to get some Peat Moss, which many sites rave as the best alternative. You can also try making your own with some of these recipes - https://balconygardenweb.com/homemade-seed-starting-mix-recipes/



Most supermarkets also carry herb seeds and garden flower seed.

Moving on, I needed to decide how to plant my flowerbed and where would I like my blooms to greet me every time I walk in and out of the house.



I got the blueprints of my home and recreated my real-life home in one of my all-time fav games - The Sims! it took some time but I managed a fully decorated sim simulated garden with cyber plant growth.


I wanted to be exact so I even included my home furniture to know how much space has already been used, and how much space was left for my garden design.




Real-life view of my outdoor lawn where I decided to put most of my DIY garden. You can see some tree "crutches" because trees get "Tree Shock" when they are uprooted and moved for replantation.


In the far back, you will see a greenhouse of netting, made for our own organic veggie farm. We grew spinach, cabbage, kailan, & bok choy.


That's it for now. I hope you guys will be inspired by this humble post and start your own garden.
It's not only good nutrition for your family, but it also reduces pollution as you don't need heavy transport to deliver these organic veggies to you.

Good luck & green thumbs up!

No comments: