Thursday 4 June 2009

Honestly


It's really hard to be honest.

Husbands sometimes keep things from their wives; A son hides his lifestyle from his parents; A friend that may never confess their deepest thoughts. All fearing that somehow telling the truth may disrupt the delicate balance that exists.

You know what I think is the hardest of all?



Being honest with yourself.


When you lie to yourself, there's no one there to see the nervous twitch, or that darting eye, or that little-too-fast tone. Who can tell if you're lying to yourself?

What's worst is that sometimes the mind lies so convincingly, you believe that lie. Your mind creates an illusion that blinds you from what was there in the first place. After years of living that way, getting comfortable and jaded. Can we ever break it then?


Today, I bring myself to trial and interrogate myself. How do I really feel?

...

Hmm...why do I have to go through this again? I seem to have forgotten. Guess my mind has a strong safety control switch .
I just feel a general regret and something deep at the back of my throat.

Maybe you're right we do need to take a break.
I think I should mention to you that I may have overreacted, It takes two hands to clap and I'm sure I have to take some of the blame. It's my tendency as the crowned drama queen to blow things up - LIFE SIZED. So I'm sorry. and my reason? - like Sandra Oh in Grey's Anatomy said " It's because you're (insert name here), and I'm Royce."

Though I can't be honest with myself, I can at least be honest with you.


Royce.


ps: Grrrowing up sucks ass!!!

No comments: